Straight Line Customs - Just another reason Mechanics have a bad name.
I took my 1999 Mazda to "Straight Line Customs" in Savage Mn on the recommendation of a good friend. I was quoted a price of between $125.00 -$150.00 to fix the automotive issue. I was thrilled, considering I really didn't want to put anymore money than necessary into this dinosaur of a car.
I received a phone call from the owner Danny, telling me they needed a couple extra hours to complete the job. No Problem.
As is unfortunately the case when dealing with mechanics, when I came to pick up my car, the angry large lady at the front desk handed me a bill in the amount of - wait for it- $350.00.
After seeing the shock on my face, the angry large lady replied, "What's the big deal, Its only $200.00 more.
I then had a small temper tantrum, which brought Danny the owner, (hiding in the back)out to face me. The explanation that he had is one for the record books.
He had to drive 10 miles to get a part.
Isn't that what mechanics do? Get parts to fix cars. Is this 10 mile drive not a part of doing business.
I live in the town he had to drive to. For $200.00 I would have picked the part up for him.
It almost came to blows. They, holding my car hostage, me crying, the large angry lady having a conversation with Jesus that only she could hear.
I am happy to say that sometimes a Temper Tantrum and the threat of swift legal action, along with a few witnesses, brought the company to its senses. They grudgingly accepted my check for $150.00 and were happy to see the back of me.
Not a happy experience for me.
Wouldn't recommend the company to someone I hated.
Thanks for taking the time to read this
I feel much better,
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "On Friday, May 10, 2013, I was driving in Suffolk, VA with one passenger in my vehicle. All of a sudden, my tire pressure sensor came on and my vehicle..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "We purchased this camper in june and was only able to use it once before the frame bent and cabin buckled. Jamatt had the camper for 6 weeks amd didnt..."
- "Stillwater, MN location. To go, Cavatappi order. We had: Burned noodles, 3 tomatoes in a regular size, and two mushroom the size of half of a penny. Noodles were dry...."
- "Normally I get exceptional service from UPS. I know several very hardworking and dedicated UPS workers that take pride in their deliveries. Unfortunately, this most recent contact with..."
- "I only needed a garbage disposal reinstall and basic reattachment of plumbing for sink drain and reconnect hose for dishwasher. The estimate was between $600.00 and $800 bucks Zack the plumber admitted..."
- "US Hole in One is an Internet scam claiming outrageous services and products YET works out of an Abandoned building. Since google Maps has serviced US HOLE in ONE can..."
- "I had ordered a perfect martini and I found a gnat in my drink and the manager just offer to take the Drink and my food off the check and..."
- "I too experienced the same, mold, bugs and what appeared to be a moldy dead mouse or something large. The bag was not expired and my dogs too were..."