I took my 1999 Mazda to "Straight Line Customs" in Savage Mn on the recommendation of a good friend. I was quoted a price of between $125.00 -$150.00 to fix the automotive issue. I was thrilled, considering I really didn't want to put anymore money than necessary into this dinosaur of a car.
I received a phone call from the owner Danny, telling me they needed a couple extra hours to complete the job. No Problem.
As is unfortunately the case when dealing with mechanics, when I came to pick up my car, the angry large lady at the front desk handed me a bill in the amount of - wait for it- $350.00.
After seeing the shock on my face, the angry large lady replied, "What's the big deal, Its only $200.00 more.
I then had a small temper tantrum, which brought Danny the owner, (hiding in the back)out to face me. The explanation that he had is one for the record books.
He had to drive 10 miles to get a part.
Isn't that what mechanics do? Get parts to fix cars. Is this 10 mile drive not a part of doing business.
I live in the town he had to drive to. For $200.00 I would have picked the part up for him.
It almost came to blows. They, holding my car hostage, me crying, the large angry lady having a conversation with Jesus that only she could hear.
I am happy to say that sometimes a Temper Tantrum and the threat of swift legal action, along with a few witnesses, brought the company to its senses. They grudgingly accepted my check for $150.00 and were happy to see the back of me.
Not a happy experience for me.
Wouldn't recommend the company to someone I hated.
Thanks for taking the time to read this
I feel much better,
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Auto Repair
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "Paul's Jaguar took it upon themselves to Modify a Jaguar center console that I had ordered. When I returned it to be corrected, Paul's Jaguar Spliced a piece of leather..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "I put an order in on Nov 8th for $47 and never received it. I sent several messages and called the company several times and all I get is a..."
- "Delivered TWO TV's damaged, their delivery people tried to hide the damage the first time, It took longer than it needed to receive the 2nd TV, when I did, it..."
- "I am so pissed off about the different ways you have given us less toilet paper, and charge us more money. I thought I should just run down to Sears and..."
- "Bought a horseshoe wall decor from them (see link provided). It looked so nice on the website, but when it arrived I was so very disappointed. On the website image..."
- "I'm boycotting Cincinnati Bell on Facebook. Their social media team doesn't respond to criticism, which proves they don't care about customers. So, I started @BoycottCincinnatiBell page (https://www.facebook.com/BoycottCincinnatiBell). Like the page..."
- "I bought an iphone that the seller can't give me the appleID of the previous owner. I told offerUp about this and they told me to file a complaint to..."